Internship at Aunique Ranch
Aunique Ranch offers several Internships that are coordinated with Educational Facilities. At this time all Internships are voluntary but offer a wealth of knowledge in everything from Animal Husbandry, Marketing and Sales, Hay Production, All Aspects of the Equine Industry and the Tourist Industry. Interns can contact Aunique Ranch by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. Interns must be 18 years of age.
Assistant Equine Manager – Aunique Ranch’s Horse Internship offers students the opportunity to learn first hand all that is encompassed in owning a Horse Ranch. Students are introduced to the herd and assigned 5 horses. The student along with staff will care for these 5 horses and plan each horses life path by:
- Assisting evaluating and treating any health issues
- Grooming and preparing for photo sessions and shows
- Photographing and preparing information on horse for presentation on the Internet or Magazines
- Assisting in all aspects of daily care for assigned horses, cleaning waters, feeding, stall care
- Training the horses in each horses level of expected accomplishments
- Learning the history of the breed and the breeds temperament
- Learning the National events and requirements for the breed
- Assisting in visits with Texas A&M, Local Vet or Farrier
- Assisting in breeding choices based on dna profiles, health concerns and lineage
You will work in all weather, bring change of clothes and lunch. Experience with horses a plus but not a requirement we will teach you. Possibility of full time employment based on performance during Internship.
Production Assistant – Hay Production Internship at Aunique Ranch offer students the opportunity to learn first hand all that is encompassed in owning a Hay Sales Business. Students are introduced to the hay production and sales. Student will learn the following:
- Fertilizing and Pest Control
- Cutting, Bailing, Accumulating, Storing
- Marketing and Selling
Aunique Ranch offers an automated hay bailing procedure. Minimal lifting is required, experience on tractors, Kabota’s a plus but not required we will teach you. This Internship is seasonal and dependent on weather and crop production.
Assistant Tour Developer – Aunique Ranch offers tours on weekends. You will learn the history of the breed, the history of the horses at the ranch, how to interact with the public and present the horses and ranch.
- Learn the breed history
- Learn the history of the horses at the ranch
- Interact with the public
- Promote tours on the internet
- Establish good client relationship skills
- How to handle the horses while on a tour
This Internship is based on the bookings for the weekend, each tour is two hours and the hours are 8am and 10am.